Thursday, June 30, 2022

Day 6: Woodstock to Fredericton

Distance: 114.9km
Total distance: 566.4km
Average speed: 21.6km/h
Weather: cloudy with sunny breaks

I have made it from one capital city to another!

This morning, I woke up at the super late hour of 8am, likely because I decided to join the kids at the outdoor movie event next door in the park last night. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qrXN2QYk1Os5WRIkfmt9ei_k9_BfbkhN

After parting ways with the other cycle tourist Gero, I stayed on this side of the river on what used to be he old Trans Canada Highway and ended up doing almost 60km without stopping! It was almost perfect conditions for cycling, the temperature was just right and the wind was blowing the right direction again. This section of New Brunswick is fairly remote, houses were sparse and it was mainly just me with the trees and river.

I stopped at Kings Landing, an open air museum/historical village set in the 1800s in a place called Prince William, and had one of the best muffins, before continuing on. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1l8jlvs96ePDnJ88j_jxg0xFPanAk31Rr

In Fredericton, I stopped at Savage Cycles, apparently the oldest bike shop in Canada, and finally fixed my fenders (which had been held by duct tape for hundreds of kilometres), got a new pair of bike shoes (because one of my shoes were completely falling apart, also held by duct tape), and a new water bottle (because I somehow lost one along the way today).  Afterwards, I headed towards my host Tom’s home in Maryville. Tom had the most beautiful property by the river and I couldn’t be luckier to call this home for the next two days.
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1UyvQ1Cgaekl3IF40DgXbCCxZFfsZEZvH

No comments:

Post a Comment