Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 14: Regina to Moosomin

Distance: 244km
Total distance: 2094km
Average speed: 28.6km/h
Weather: sunny

After another wonderful breakfast made by Maria, I said goodbye and left Regina around 9:30. As long as the westerly winds kept on coming, I knew that I was going further than Grenfell, the original stop, today. However I honestly wasn't planning to do another 200km+ day. Again I didn't take many breaks today (there really aren't many points of interest), only stopping by the gas stations in Wolseley and Broadview briefly to eat. Nothing can describe that unbelievable feeling when the wind blows exactly in your line of path, and you just fly effortlessly. Riding on the Trans Canada really hasn't felt too busy, there are many sections where it would just be me, the crickets, birds and sometimes cows. I got to Moosomin, one of the bigger small towns very close to the Manitoba border, around 6, and headed to the grocery store for some food. I rode around town in circles looking for a good place to cook dinner, and eventually came upon a nice park where the school is. After making a quinoa stew with tomatoes, broccoli and mussels, I checked for campgrounds close by. The only one available involved back tracking along the highway for 5km, which I didn't want to do. So that's when I decided I would sleep at the park. I watched the sunset for a bit and then set up camp as it became darker, crawling into bed at 9:30. Even in the middle of nowhere Saskatchewan, music emenated from a house party nearby to remind me that it was a Friday night. It's a very good thing that tomorrow is Saturday and kids wouldn't be swarming the school grounds first thing in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment