Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 35: Deep River to Petawawa

Distance: 47km
Total distance: 4610km
Average speed: 22.9km/h
Weather: sunny

I didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning and played with the dog until almost 10. Taking my time packing up I finally started riding at 11. I hung out at the beautiful Riverfront Park for a while watching kids splash in the water before riding back out to the highway to see the Clock Museum. The sign pointed to a big house by the highway but admittedly I didn't end up making it in, however I did run into Anne and David again! We caught up on the side of the road and I wished them well before taking off as I might not see them again since they were planning to go nonstop to Montreal.  It was a scorching 30 degrees and I was cooking under the sun so I was secretly happy for the short ride. Around 1 I got into Petawawa, a town which is built around a big military base, and arrived at my hosts Katherine and David's place. After many glasses of ice water I went over to the Petawawa Point Beach and spent the afternoon soaking in the Ottawa River again and lounging on the beach. There are so many lakes and rivers in Ontario and I love that you can do this pretty much anywhere! A most relaxing evening was spent watching cartoons with Katherine and David's daughter. Tomorrow I will head for our nation's capital!




No comments:

Post a Comment